A fully personalised 6-month programme for beginners to get you ready for your first marathon.
You should already have a base level of fitness and be running/exercising/playing sport 2-3 times a week.
You will be expected to run at least 3 times and do at least 1 other form of training each week.
- An initial phone/Skype consultation with one of our qualified Personal Trainers to discuss your training history and get to know your running/fitness strengths and weaknesses.
- An initial fitness assessment, which you will carry out in your own time, under our direction.
- An initial nutrtional assessment.
- A bespoke weekly training programme, specifically designed to get you from your current fitness levels to not just complete a marathon, but in a respectable time, too.
- We will keep this training plan updated as you progress, and can adapt it based on how much you have achieved.
- The plan will include dynamic warm-up routines, stretching, run-specific strength work as well as at least 3 different run training sessions, designed to improve your strength, stamina and speed.
- Nutrition and hydration guidance - to aid your training regime as well as how to plan for the marathon itself
- Unlimited email/WhatsApp support during office hours.
- Access to your training programme via the web or a mobile app - which includes videos of the exercises we prescribe.
- You will track each workout via the app and each run so we can adjust your plan as appropriate.
- Injury prevention by improving strength & stability, and reducing overtraining.
- Monthly re-assessments to help track your progress.
- Motivational support and guidance on mental preparation.
- How to effectively rest and recover.
- Advice on race preparation and what kit to wear.
6-month Beginner Marathon Training
This service will be delivered via FreeRange Fitness's training website/app using MyPTHub.
Once you have made your purchase, we will register you on our training site within 48 hours (although it typically takes much less time than this) and make contact to arrange an initial call.
At the end of your training, you will no longer have access to the MyPTHub app or website.